Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Sunshine, DMB and some lemonade

I had my first summer '06 moment today. After perusing the clothing area at Target, I came home, ate lunch on the patio and then went to put my swimsuit on. Some sun on these legs was in order. I cranked up some DMB in my car, poured myself a tall glass (lemonade) and soaked up the sun. (to borrow a few words from Sheryl) It was great! Except, 3 minutes into it I was wishing I was near a pool. I've never been one of those people that can lay out for hours and hours in the hot sun and not go near any water. As a kid, I was the one who was in the pool swimming all of the time while my cousin stayed in the sun, baking herself. I just don't have the patience for laying out. I have to be doing SOMETHING. I chose to catch up on some card writing and then my sister called and we talked for a while. It was fun. After awhile, I had had enough, so I turned off my car and headed inside. On my way in, my neighbor asked me a question. I didn't realize she was out on her deck too. She lays out EVERY day. I'll look over and see her just chillin' in a lawnchair on the other side of her patio table. She is a true sun goddess...she can't get enough of it. Me? I would be bored to tears.

I'm putting in another picture of me and my girls from the wedding last weekend. This was at rehearsal dinner.

2 Comments:

Blogger sarah p said...

oh no...i purchased. 2 v-neck T's and some long shorts. (lovin' that long shorts are BACK!)

9:17 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Yeah, heat without water just sucks. Pretty soon you'll be tan and leathery like your neighbor too! =)

6:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home