Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Is it already time?

I've become that person. That person that says "I'm going to my 10 year high school reunion".

How is it that I've been out of high school for 10 years? How is it that I don't even remember who I WAS in high school? It's just all too weird. So much has happened in my life in the past 10 years. I went away to college, met the most amazing people I've ever met in my life, fell in love with a boy who grew up on the other side of the world, and got married. If I think back to my senior year of high school (Class of '96 rocks!) I would've never dreamed that in 10 years I would be living in Ohio working as a teacher. Isn't it funny?

We fly out on Friday morning. My parents will pick us up in Little Rock and we'll make the 2-1/2 hour drive to my precious little town. We'll be hitting the homecoming football game, taking a tour of the high school and working through mind numbing conversations with people we hardly know anymore. I'm weirded out by it all, but I'm also very curious...

I'll be sure to fill you in on all of the awkard details!

6 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I think we need to see your senior picture. =) And we're gonna have to see some pictures of the reunion when you get back. Make sure you count the mullets in the crowd... I want a full tally!

7:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll wave if I see your plane in the air on Friday. :)

I went to my reunion last year and it really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The conversations weren't as awkward as I had predicted. People were actually really cool and it didn't matter who used to be popular, etc. It was very interesting to catch up with everyone. A few of us have actually formed a dinner club since we discovered we all live in Little Rock now!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Jackie Sue said...

my 10-year reunion is next weekend! i'm so nervous and so curious at the same time. i think i was a bit of a nerd in highschool so i have to make a good impression. i echo many of your concerns--good luck and have a blast!! can't wait to hear about it...

6:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Missed you today! Hope the weekend went great. See you on Tuesday. :-)

6:32 PM  
Blogger Amy said...

Sarah! Phone date...missed it. :( Lets reschedule...pronto. Ok, I feel like my 10 year was so long ago...I guess 2 years ago. Can't wait to hear about the fun that was had in Mena when we talk on the phone this weekend, ok? Ok.
love you.

1:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

fill us in! fill us in!

7:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home