Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Lots of things, really

In my absence of blogging, life continues to go on at break-neck speed. So much has happened. Wait, it is too much, let me sum up. (can you name that movie?)

1. Mimsies meet Trim and Fashionable, Trim and Fashionable, meet Sarah. Bloggers united at a Ohio Red Robin late Sunday evening with husbands in tow. Fries were eaten, stories were shared and friendships were strengthened. It was so great to meet Trim and her husband! You can read more about our experience on Mimsies' blog.

2. My life as a gimp continues. I've discovered that the stylish boot is about 1 inch higher than my other shoes causing some delightful back tension. Oh well, at least my foot is getting better.

3. Our trip to Mexico begins in only 6 short days. It cannot get here fast enough! It seems that my students have caught on to the fact that Thanksgiving is coming soon and feel the need to be extra hyper. Only two. more. days.

4. Dave and I just went to see the Titanic exhibit tonight. They were offering a teacher preview night, so we both got in for $5 each. It was an amazing exhibit! There were all kinds of things that they recovered from the bottom of the ocean. It was fascinating to see actual money, china, clothes and letters from the ship. I highly recommend it if it comes to your area!

5. We made a fun purchase last weekend. After much saving and even more researching by my techy hubby, we went and picked up one of these. The best part? We got wireless! I can now lounge on my sofa under my favorite blanket and surf the world wide web in complete comfort. I can get used to this!

6. I've been working on an adoption portfolio for some friends/family. It's been a fun little project. This has been consuming a lot of my "after work" time.

7. I haven't forgotten about showing Halloween pictures - I just haven't had time to get it all together. Maybe over the weekend. I better stop building it up. We weren't THAT funny.

8. Dave and I joined Netflix a few weeks ago. LOVE IT. Go to check the mail and, oh what's that? A movie right in my mailbox? Thank you very much, Mr. (or Ms.) Mailman. When we're done, we stick it back in the same envelope and put it out for the magical Netflix fairy to whisk away and return with another that WE picked out! We have already watched Inside Man (some language but good) and Nacho Libre (quite funny, actually - lots of good one-liners).

Nachooooooooooo!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We'll have to check out that Titanic exhibit... sounds very cool!

Forget the Halloween pictures. I want you to post the ones of our distorted faces from your fun new Mac's photo booth program. That was the hardest I've laughed in a LONG time. =)

Sorry you're gimpy. Maybe you can just buy a pair of 1-inch heels?

9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

EASY... it's the Princess Bride.
You mocked me once, never do it again. I died that day... and you can die, too, for all I care. Oh, my sweet Wesley, what have I done...

3:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home