Saturday, December 16, 2006

3 more days...

Only three more days of hyper students. Students who can't stop talking about Ho-Ho (Santa) and asking me if I'm going to buy them the racecar that they want for Christmas. Three more days of high-strung elementary students who are having trouble sitting still for 3 minutes straight. Three more days of paperwork that is due 2 days (2 days!) after we return from Christmas break. Three more days.

But, in those three days, we're gonna have some fun too!

Monday: Bowling for our Community Outing and a birthday party for one of the assistants in my room.
Tuesday: Lunch in the Community with my students' parents and decorating gingerbread men (and eating them!) in the afternoon.
Wednesday: PARTY DAY! Our two classes are doing a gift exchange, craft session and pizza party - throw in an assembly and a visit from the Big Guy himself and we'll send those sugared-up kids home and call it a day.

Now I just have to figure out when I'm going to do my paperwork.

On the docket for today:
Baking and LOTS of it! I have about 20 people at my school that I'm giving cookies to. I love to give gifts and baking seems to be the best way to do that without breaking the bank. I got these cute little tins at a candle outlet for 10 cents each...so I'll be filling them with 3 cookies and tying them up to give to some unsuspecting teachers/staff. It's not big, but it's fun.



The cookies I'm putting inside are amazing. I found the recipe in the American Way magazine when we were flying to Mexico. I ripped out the recipe and brought it home. (What? They always tell you to take the magazines home with you...) If you like to bake, here it is. It's not hard to do at all:



Chocolate Mint Marvels (Don't you love that name?)

3/4 c. butter (stick and a half)
1-1/2 c. brown sugar
2 c. chocolate chips
2 eggs
*********
2-1/2 c. flour
1-1/4 t. baking soda
3 or 4 pkg of Andes mints

Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter and brown sugar in saucepan over low heat. Add chocolate chips and stir to melt; put mixture into a bowl and let cool. Add eggs, and then mix in flour and baking soda. Chill dough for 1 hour. Roll into balls and place on baking sheet. Bake for 9 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and place an Andes mint on each one. As the candy melts, spread it across the top of the cookie with the back of a teaspoon. Makes 3 dozen.

They are yummalicious.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy!! Those look so good! And what a cute way to give them!

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I'd love to make those! Did you get to make a whole batch or did that sweet tooth hubby of yours double fist the c. chips and mints before you could finish making the cookies?

In response to your comment on my blog, I love that ducky outfit that you gave Mackenzie before she was born! I'm so glad I get to put it on Bella now.

12:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe how small the ingredient list is for those cookies! I'm going to hang on to that for my cookie exchange next year. We have to make 8 dozen, so a small list of ingredients is always welcomed!

Those tins are so incredibly cute! :)

Wish I could be there to help you with your paperwork. It's what I miss about teaching. I used to figure all of my sister-in-law's grades when she was an elementary school teacher...I was so sad when she retired!

6:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennie, you are officially odd. =)

Sarah, the end is in sight! At least you get 3 weeks off. You deserve it.

The cookies look fabulous, and I also can't believe how easy they look! Those teachers sure are lucky! (hint hint)

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennie, you are officially odd. =)

Sarah, the end is in sight! At least you get 3 weeks off. You deserve it.

The cookies look fabulous, and I also can't believe how easy they look! Those teachers sure are lucky! (hint hint)

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jennie, you are officially odd. =)

Sarah, the end is in sight! At least you get 3 weeks off. You deserve it.

The cookies look fabulous, and I also can't believe how easy they look! Those teachers sure are lucky! (hint hint)

10:32 AM  
Blogger sarah p said...

3 weeks! I WISH. we only get a week and a half. =( Usually we get a full 2 weeks. Oh well, I shouldn't complain. It's more than I got when I had a desk job.

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are the cutest stinking tins ever! You're going to make some lucky teachers squeal for sure.

And the cookies look great!! (Which is quite the comment for someone in my current Roto-like state.) Thanks for going vigilante and hijacking the recipe! =)

Kristy

5:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And, by the way, I NEVER find anything cute for 10 cents...not even a cute piece of candy.

What was going on with that candle place??

I hope you bought at least fifty of those nifty tins. I think I would have backed the mini van up to the door and loaded up. They would be so great for any little gift. And so much cheaper (and cooler) than the pitiful gift bags I'm having to resort to.

=)

5:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how I feel about Rachel proclaiming me odd THREE times. Sheesh. I guess you made your point!

:)

6:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogger went insane! Sarah, please delete some of those duplicates of my comment (just click on the garbage can icon). It won't let me do it.

Sorry Sarah, I thought you had a longer break. I guess I can't count. Just be sure to get lots of massages and manicures.

7:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home