Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Oh Mexico



We're back from a wonderful vacation. It was a bit hard to go from perfect, 85 degree weather to cloudy and 53 degrees. I'll admit, I didn't have the best attitude at work today. However, the real world must continue. We had a splendid time and I have tons of pictures to show for it. Too many, I think. I will most likely be doing this in shifts. Tonight, we'll start with a few favorites. I'm pretty sure I'm going to do an entire entry just about the food and another about the resort and the incredible service. So without further adeu, let's get this photo train rollin'...

Our last night in Mexico - eating at La Hacienda. Muy Bueno.


This is what I did for 5 days straight. (the laying out, not the pictures)


The sisters - waiting for a table at breakfast.


On Thursday night, we had our Christmas in my parents hotel room. Mom had brought her docking station for her iPod so we had the classics playing while we opened presents (Amy Grant Christmas, of course). Here is our 2006 Christmas picture. (the unofficial version) We also dressed up one evening and Walt (my brother-in-law/family photographer) took pictures of us all. I still don't have them (ahem, Molly), but when I get them I'll be sure to post the official photograph.


And these are my super-fun parents. Without them, this trip wouldn't have happened. My sweet grandma passed away in February and left my mom some money. Instead of just buying something, mom wanted to have an experience that included all of us, so they took us on a family vacation all together. We toasted to grandma numerous times throughout our vacation. We love her so much and miss her lots! Thank you grandma!


In my next blog post you'll find out the answers to these pressing questions:

How much guacamole can one person eat?
Do iPods survive dips in the pool?
Did anyone in our party wear a speedo?
How many times was I told "no" on this vacation?
Can you really order two steaks in one sitting?
How lazy can one person get?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, I am definately looking forward to your next installment! I don't know if I can sleep with those questions running through my mind. :-)

I definately think that the family picture should be the one with all the sombreros (hmm..sounds like a friends episode).

Glad your back! Can't wait to see you and hear more about it!

6:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a neat way to honor your grandmother - It gave me chills to read about it. You have such a fun and beautiful family.

Can't wait to read more!

7:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just realized I used the same adjectives to describe your family as I did Rachel's, but it's true! I'll try to be more creative in the future.

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear sweet Steve and Kath. How could you NOT have a fabulous time with your fun, crazy clan?

I can't wait to hear all about the trip in person (one of these days!) and to hear the answers to those questions - particularly the ones about the iPod and the speedo...

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooo! Ooo! I can answer those questions...
1. ungodly amounts
2. no, they do not
3. yes, yes they did. and he was CUTE!
4. only once, and i didn't like the sound of it.
5. yes, amazingly enough
6. very, very lazy...

7:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home