Saturday, December 02, 2006

A Saturday "To Do" List...

1. Unpack the suitcase that has been sitting in the middle of the dining room for 5 days. But if I do this, it will mean our Mexico trip is truly over...

2. Clean my entire house from top to bottom. Not a big goal, really. (Why do I do this?)

3. Drag up all of our Christmas decor from the basement and sprinkle it throughout the house.

4. Grab the Mr. and go pick up our very first fake tree. (I'm breaking down...this is HUGE for me - in 28 years of my life, I've never had a fake tree.)

5. Start some holiday baking.

6. Rake and "winterize" my flowerbeds.

7. Oh, and we've got to do something about this:


The winds were just a tad bit strong yesterday. (That's our garage under the tree)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Garden Ridge has all their trees 50% off now! And Ryan volunteered his chain saw for the branch if you need one. :-)

Can't wait to see you tomorrow!

6:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose "to-do" list are helpful but I prefer to work as the spirit leads! Often, no works gets done!!!!

That is quite a picture with the tree limb now being supported by the garage!. Trust the damage is minimal - it does not look to serious!

The fake trees are not so bad - they really do a preety good job in making good fakes!

You will miss the authentic smell of pine and fir but a good Yankee Candle could be a good alterntive!

11:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow did that tree cause any holes in the garage? Looks quite treacherous. I'm not opposed to getting some holiday baked goods in the mail... :)

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we did a fake tree, as well. it was hard for me, but once we got it up, i realized that i liked it. we decorated earlier this evening while listening to amy grant christmas. now it feels like christmas.

6:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see your decorated house. I'll live vicariously through you this year, as I'm beginning to wonder if we'll ever get around to buying one. =(

Glad we (i.e. Jared) could help with the tree - the one on your garage, that is.

2:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok, since we are confessing - i didn't get a real tree this year either - first time in 51 years!!(except for last year, since we were in the philippines). It's been taumatic for me....
mom xo

6:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home