Saturday, December 09, 2006

Oh Mexico...numero dos

So I wasn't too quick on the 2nd part of our Mexico trip. Christmas decorations came out, cookies have been baked and work has been taking up a lot of time and energy. Here is the rest of the vacation story:

It's time to answer those burning questions.

Questions 1: How much guacamole can one person eat?


A lot. And when I say a lot, I mean every day for lunch. Not kidding. It was SO very good!

This was our last night there eating Mexican food.



They had an Oriental restaurant and we all got to try the sushi. I was not much of a fan, but Annie was.






Question 2:
Do iPods survive dips in the pool?


No. They do not. I accidentally dropped my parents iPod in the pool (it slide off of my swimsuit). It was literally in the water .2 seconds and the thing was fried. Thank goodness for that first year warranty! I just spoke to my mom last night and she already has her fixed iPod back in her hands...with no charge for anything - not even shipping! Thank you Mr. Macintosh!


Question 3:
Did anyone in our party wear a speedo?


Oh my goodness yes. My brother-in-law, Dylan was feeling quite (ahem) comfortable around us. It was his first time to wear a speedo and he let us know "I've never had to use this much sunscreen before."
You can read more about Dylan (and Molly) here.


Question 4:
How many times was I told "no" on this vacation?


Once. The last night we were there we had Mexican food. I ordered steak fajitas and they brought out corn tortillas. I asked if they had flour and they came back from the kitchen apologizing over and over that they did not have flour tortillas. This was the only time of record that I was told "no". I threw a complete fit and made a scene.

Not really.

Question 5:
Can you really order two steaks in one sitting?


Yes, yes you can. Ask my brother-in-law Walt. He did it twice.


Question 6:
How lazy can one person get?


6 words for you: Room Service 24 hours a day. Pretty lazy.


I highly recommend this place if you ever find yourself in Mexico with some travel money.

Aventura Spa Palace is:
"The seventh tier of heaven" ...Walt
"Like Willy Wonka for adults" ...Annie

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that place looks fantastic. I keep telling Josh to take me there whenever we're in the US next. Love the pics! Your room service waiter looks like a fun, lovable guy. =)

7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, I HOOTED over this one. Actually heehawed loud enough to cause Russ and Sophie to come running in to see "ah happen?" (as Sophie says).

Dylan in a swimsuit. Oh, my. He's a lot whiter a boy than I ever knew. ...And braver than I imagined as well. =)

Annie looks so pretty in the sushi picture. All smiley and glowy.

Muchos gracias for the entertaining glimpse into your trip.

Kristy

6:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy smokes Sarah, I laughed through your entire blog and then found myself feeling jealous of your trip. Thanks for evoking such emotions!

-Speedos are never okay unless they are worn by your brother-in-law so you can laugh a lot at his expense. In my case that would be Jared. Can you IMAGINE?
-Corn tortillas are only okay with fish tacos. Not fajitas.
-We ordered room service for almost every meal on our honeymoon because Greg got so sunburned the first day that he had trouble walking to the restaurants. :)

Glad you had fun!

7:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HolEEEEEE smokes! Just clicked on the link to view the travel site. Ooo la la.

I showed Russ and he uttered a "Wow". (Big stuff for Russ.) Did you guys bump into Robin Leach while you were there?

Tell Ma and Pa that Russ and I will be happy to tag along and be the Fan and Grape-Feeding Crew for the group next time. ;)

7:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watch it Jackie. You only GET to imagine. I must say Jared looks pretty fine in his speedo, only it's a little more high-cut than Dylan's conservative number.

I'm going to do some politicking with the parents - hopefully this will be OUR next family reunion spot (though not likely). =(

5:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW! Dylan and drummer make and now a Speedo model - Well done Dylan!!
As always just incredible photos - makes one wish they could have been there!!

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home