Thursday, December 21, 2006

Oops.

For those of you interested in making the Chocolate Mint Marvels that I posted earlier in the week, I've goofed on the recipe. Here is the updated recipe. Everything is the same, but I put the wrong amount of butter on the last one. (I've changed the old post) These cookies really are SO good! My neighbors and teacher friends love them! I highly recommend them. And to our family in Jersey - don't worry. I'll be bringing plenty with us!



Chocolate Mint Marvels (Don't you love that name?)

3/4 c. butter (stick and a half)
1-1/2 c. brown sugar
2 c. chocolate chips
2 eggs
*********
2-1/2 c. flour
1-1/4 t. baking soda
3 or 4 pkg of Andes mints

Preheat oven to 350. Melt butter and brown sugar in saucepan over low heat. Add chocolate chips and stir to melt; put mixture into a bowl and let cool. Add eggs, and then mix in flour and baking soda. Chill dough for 1 hour. Roll into balls and place on baking sheet. Bake for 9 minutes. Remove cookies from oven and place an Andes mint on each one. As the candy melts, spread it across the top of the cookie with the back of a teaspoon. Makes 3 dozen.

They are yummalicious.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about your family in the PI? Just kidding. I would hate to see what those cookies would look like by the time they arrived here in Manila. No problem, I'm going to whip up a batch on Christmas Eve.

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is it possible to bring enough of these yummie treats? I don't think soooooo!
They sure do look appetizing!

6:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, they're amaaaazing! They taste like Girl Scout thin mints, only they're cheaper and available all year round! =)

6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I/we can attest to and endorse the cookie recipe contained in this blog! Excellent taste and smooth texture and you won't be able to resist eating more than one! We also agree with the comments made by Rachel as viewed above.
Way to go Sarah!

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy calories those sound awesome!

7:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home