Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Ramblings...

I survived my Monday meeting. It was a doozie, but once again, I've lived to tell the tale. After the meeting I felt like I feel when I've cried a lot. You know that feeling? Total emotional exhaustion? That's how I felt. I hadn't been crying (not even on the inside) but I still felt that way. Weird, huh?

On the student front: I had one out yesterday and today because of fever and sent another one home today because he puked in my classroom. (Can't seem to get away from the puking...) So: I know of two students who won't be in my room tomorrow. God is smiling on me. After these last few weeks, it's pretty darn nice to have a few students out so I can catch my breath and catch up on paperwork. Don't get me wrong, I love my students, but it is truly AMAZING how much a room can change when one student is out...much less two or three. It's very close to a vacation day in my book.

On the home front: Dave and I are settling in to watch a Netflix movie in a few minutes. (Currently, he's taking Eddie for a spin playing Tricky on xbox...can't seem to tear him away from it at the moment - hence the blog entry)

Some fun tidbits for you:
- Dave got new glasses! As soon as I can sneak a picture of him, I'll post it. They're very different than his last pair. I like them a lot...makes him look older...and twice as cute.

- Lucy is on her little doggie period. She started last weekend. You would think that she was howling in pain the way Dave has been treating her. "Oh, Lucy, are you ok? Do you have cramps? Are you feeling bad? You poor baby...I'm so sorry..." blah, blah, blah. I hardly get THIS kind of treatment when on MY menses. (always wanted to use that word...never really have until now. lucky you.)

- For the past few days, every morning I've woken up to a light dusting of snow on the car and back deck. Every morning I pray that we will have a snow day. And every morning I check the news and see that my school district is NOT on the snow delay list. Hmph. There's talk of snow in the middle of the night on Thursday. Here's hoping that our snow day comes on Friday!

Ok, Eddie is finished and the movie is starting. I'm off. Hope all is well with you!

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

When oh when is Spring break a comin? It can't get here soon enough...thats what I say. Not that anything I am going through remotely compares to the stress of your job right now. I just want to see you and Courts and Cindy. I love you sweet Sarah.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Sarah, It's Mary in the Philippines and Val just pointed out your new blog message. So I ran in to read it. Glad things are better. We were feeling so sad for you..especially Phil the teacher in the family! Anyways having a WONDERFUL time with my beautiful babies...that's Mackenzie and Bella not Josh and Val...havin a good time with them also. By the time I get done with Jet lag it will be time to get home. Maybe we will try and call soon. Love you, Mary

1:44 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Oooohhh, should I bring Mr.Bojangles home so we can all have Dachshund-Lab pups? You know....the more I think about that, the worse idea it sounds. =)Actually, Bo has a date with a sassy dachshund named Bonnie here in a few weeks.

Anyway, great stories! Hey, you guys did great with Heather's Christmas present too. Everytime I talk to her, she's playing tricky. She said she has yet to land a tricky move, but that she started to do the gut buster once. =)

5:41 AM  
Blogger Kritter Krit said...

Ahh. Days of cleaning up after puking kids.

Isn't it just the best??

12:10 PM  
Blogger Kritter Krit said...

Dave's reaction to Lucy's doggie period is hysterical. I'm surprised he didn't run get a hot water bottle for her tummy! I never get anything close to "Do you have cramps...you poor baby!" from Russ. It's more like, "Man, you're gripey. You should take some Midol." (Which never works anyway.) Ahh. These men. If only they knew the trials we endure. =)

1:25 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I laughed out loud when I read the word "menses"! Hilarious. Glad you had a lighter week.

2:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home