Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Snow Day #2

I should change that to Ice Day.

It all started with a 4:15 a.m. call from my principal. She said, "Sarah, I just got the call. We don't have school today. Go ahead and make your phone calls and go back to bed." So I drug my tired toosh out of bed and called four lucky contestants. I love being the one on the phone with good news, but I hate being the one that calls in the middle of the night. I contemplated waiting until 6:00 to call, but I figured this way, people could really sleep in...nevermind the heart-racing phone call at 4:20 a.m. I've always hated those middle of the night phone calls. You always know in your gut that something can't be right. Actually, 2 of the 4 people that I called were already awake (or they were good fakers). Anyway, how did I manage to write an entire paragraph about HOW I found out about my snow day?

I went out this morning to start shoveling for Dave to get out of the driveway...I got on a roll and ended up doing the entire driveway and all of the sidewalks. I don't know what got into me. I'm considering it my workout for the day. My arms are all shaky and tired now, but it feels good to look out at my handiwork. Too bad it'll be covered in a layer of ice by the end of the day. We're supposed to get a wintry mix all day, through the night and into tomorrow morning. Fun stuff.

So, snow day it is! I plan on staying in, cleaning the house and baking cookies. (I've held off as long as I could. This cold weather makes me crave baking!)

In other news: I'm in the market for buying a new cd. I haven't bought one in a while and I have credit from my sister-in-law and hubby to Borders. I've got my eye on the new Norah Jones cd. I'm also thinking about Nichole Nordeman. She has some amazing songs.

Any recommendations out there?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home