Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Snow Day!

At long last. We've gotten a Snow Day. (or at least half of one) We dismissed school 2 hours early today because of the amount of snow that was headed our way. It was a good thing we did, too. It started snowing around noon and hasn't stopped. There's already about 3 inches on the ground. It's such pretty snow, too...I'm enjoying watching it from my warm spot on the couch. Now, I just need Dave to get home and all will be well. So, with some extra time on my hands, I decided to catch up on some blogging.

As many of you know, Dave grew up in the Philippines. When we've gone to visit in the past, we've bought a few brooms that they use a lot there. They're short, squaty brooms that have wispy bristles. They work really well. The only downside is that you have to hunker over to use them. (Which, for Filipinos is not a big deal. For me, the 6-footer, it is.) They look like this:


So, we have this friend, Ashley, who's mom, Mrs. Helen, paints brooms. Paints brooms, you ask? Yes. And they are REALLY cute. You can check out her website here. As a side note: You'll notice that she also sells My Brother's Salsa which is also amazing. It really tastes so good! Another little known fact: Dave designed her logo and labels for the salsa. I'm so proud!

Stick with me folks...I promise I'm going somewhere with this.

So, before our last trip to the Philippines, Mrs. Helen asked us if we could bring back a broom from the Philippines so that she could paint it. We did, and then also asked her to paint one for us. I had forgotten about it, to tell you the truth. But, today on our front porch was a box with this cute broom in it!


Isn't it great? And what I love most about these brooms, is that she paints a bible verse on the handle. This one has Colossians 3:23 on it. "Do all your work wholeheartedly." I just think they're wonderful...and they make great gifts! Go check out the website!


And, I must leave you with another picture of Lucy. She was waiting to come in the house after playing in the snow.

Labels:

7 Comments:

Blogger Jackie Sue said...

I love the broom and I love the verse on it! How can you complain about housework when you're using such a spiritual piece of cleaning equipment? I totally want a cute, religious broom now, too! :)

3:09 PM  
Blogger lindsayloo said...

Hey Sarah! great to hear from you.
I love your dog!!! I'm trying desperately to get my husband to get us a dog. He is not a big fan of pets, but I think my little girl would LOVE it.
We are still in Texas... So, I don't even think you and Dave were dating when I was in school with y'all. So funny that you have already been married 5 years!!
I'm adding you to my blog list.=)

3:58 PM  
Blogger lindsayloo said...

oh, btw, I had read your blog once before, when you talked about those mint cookies?? I made them! Mine were certainly not as pretty as yours!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ah, Lucy. Those eyes are so sweet! Did she enjoy the snow as much as Murphy? She sort of looks like she's ready for some hot cocoa w/ marshmallows.

I'm so glad you have the snow day you've been wanting. I love (and miss) watching it snow from the comfort of my cozy living room.

That broom is fantastic! Anytime you need some more Pinoy brooms, let us know. (But not this trip... too many kids. =)

4:46 PM  
Blogger Rachel said...

Gotta love Ms. Helen. Now you just have to figure out a way to extend the length of those handles. =)

We've got the kids together tomorrow to run around and play in the snow. You gonna be home?

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love My Brother's Salsa - They sell it at this cute little kitchen store here. I bought some for my brothers when they hosted a wedding shower for me - I thought I was SOoooo clever.

Little did I know it was Dave's handiwork! I'm so impressed. The label is what drew me to the salsa in the first place when I saw it sitting on the shelf.

Enjoy the snow! Lucy certainly couldn't be any cuter.

11:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the broom! Lucy is precious - I'm pretty sure that look says "I need to see my grandma in arkansas..."

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home